Wednesday 3 December 2014

Annual Maintenance Check

I had my annual check at the Churchill Hospital yesterday.  They were all pleased to see me; I'm impressed that they remember me after just five or six visits in 2012 and a single one exactly a year ago.  It's quite surprising that they also thought that the year had gone very quickly (as did the family on the anniversary - see last entry below).  Everything was fine; my eGFR is still 53 (creatinine 126) which is exactly the same as the previous check in June, and also (as it happens) exactly the same as Tim - so my two kidneys have both expanded and are both doing the same amount of work in their separate locations.

I told the staff at the Churchill the story of my check in June at the GP, and they were equally horrified.  The transplant nurse agreed that an HCA should not be wearing a dark blue dress as it indicates a more senior status, and the phlebotomist was appalled at the HCA's comment after hitting my nerve.  For the full gory story see this entry below.

NB If you ever go to the Churchill, try to go by bus if you possibly can - the 700 goes from Water Eaton Park and Ride.  Yesterday there were people queuing at all the hospital car parks and I felt pretty smug!

So, it's a check at my new GP next June and another visit to the Churchill in 12 months.  I keep trying to stop doing this blog, so perhaps now this really will be it, unless something significant occurs.

1 comment: