Tuesday 10 June 2014

My Brother is Boring!

I had been waiting for my own 6 month check (since last hospital check) in order to do a single update about both of us, but I've been messed around by my GP's surgery and I'll update that one when it all becomes clear!

My brother Tim is doing very well.  He had a routine biopsy in early May, followed by an appointment with his consultant. The result of the biopsy was wonderful - "totally clear", no signs of rejection, everything as good as could be expected.  Tim's dose of MMF has been stopped entirely, leaving him on a reduced dose of Tacrolimus only.  The consultant has discharged him back to local care, saying "you're boring!".  What more could you possibly want to hear? 

We saw Tim in late April and he looked back to his usual self, with a sparkle in his eyes and lots of energy.  He has told me a few details of the change in his life

"On Saturday we cleared out the garage, took photos, put some stuff on Ebay, went to the dump in the rain, went out to a party in the evening. I probably haven’t even been into our garage for 4 or 5 years – could never have done all that before."
  
And another: "The trailer tent is now gone, several trips have been made to the dump – I can put a car in the garage! Seems like a strange space to have. Vegetable patch is planted with runner beans, French beans, two types of tomatoes, swiss chard and potatoes all on the way. Grass is cut, hanging baskets planted – everything grown from seed. Cleared out the spare room – more trips to the dump. Can’t remember when I could last do all this sort of stuff in one weekend."

And another one: "Kidney function is pretty much back to where it was when I was first diagnosed (50% - 9 years ago??) and I was unaware then of anything being wrong."

Certainly sounds to me that he really has got his life back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment